VEDP received six communications awards for its marketing collateral at the SEDC (Southern Economic Development Council) Communication Awards Ceremony.
The ceremony was held this August in conjunction with the 2014 SEDC Annual Conference in Atlanta, where more than 350 economic development professionals gathered for three days to learn about current economic development trends and strategies.
The six awards presented to VEDP included:
- Special Judges Award for Online Content and Mobile Access recognizing VEDP’s website
- Award of SUPERIOR for VEDP’s website relaunch
- Award of EXCELLENCE for VEDP’s pocket brochure Map Out Success for Your Business in Virginia
- Award of MERIT for VEDP’s annual report Results 2013
- Award of MERIT for the VEDP marketing video Business Legacies Begin in Virginia
- Award of MERIT in Thinking Outside the Box for VEDP’s webinar Innovation in Virginia: Live from the National Innovation Summit
“VEDP hit the mark this year with their marketing campaigns,” said SEDC President Gene Stinson. “These campaigns not only show creativity, but also solid messaging and effectiveness at reaching their target audiences. We were wowed by all the entries we received this year, and were impressed with the high level of marketing work being done in economic development by SEDC members.
The judging panel consisted of economic development consultants, practitioners and design professionals from across the southern U.S. Criteria included graphic appeal, clarity of message, quality of information, positioning, differentiation and format.
YesVirginia Business Blog | A place for news, opinions, and information regarding the Virginia Economic Development Partnership.